Top 10 Reasons to be an Official Blogger at MLA
This Friday, April 24th is the last day to apply to be an Official MLA Blogger at the MLA Annual Meeting.
If you are on the fence about being a blogger here are 10 good reasons why you should be an Official Blogger.
10. Snappy Official Blogger ribbons to attach to your meeting badge. Consider it one of your 15 pieces of flair.
9. You can to kill two birds with one stone. Turn the notes you already have to take for your report back at home into blog posts that will get you AHIP points.
8. Free WiFi. Stop using your laptop as a digital divining rod to find a hotspot.
7. You don't have to have a laptop to be an Official MLA Blogger. Type 2 bloggers (those without their own laptop) can post to the blog and earn AHIP points.
6. Where else can you sip Mai Tais and tan on the beach while writing about libraries?
5. It is an easy way to call attention to your award winning photography skills by enhancing your post with your MLA flickr photos.
4. Your experience might give you some great ideas on outreach, technology, and communication that you can apply at your home library.
3. What else are you going to do when you are up at 2:00am fighting jet lag?
2. If we get enough bloggers our numbers might just rival those of the knitting librarians at the conference.
1. Great way to help connect those who had to stay home with the news and information from the Annual Meeting's programs and events.
Hurry, the deadline is April 24th!Follow the blog using the following RSS feed http://feeds2.feedburner.com/mla2009