Friday Fun: About the NLM
Did you know that the National Library of Medicine responds to more than 100,000 questions each year and many more questions are self answered as users search the NLM site including the FAQs.
Some things that can be answered by NLM’s FAQs:
- How can I identify a pill?
- Where can I find citations for older journal articles?
- Where can I find medical “stock shots,” videos, photographs, slides or images?
- Where can I find the current edition of the NLM Classification?
Other things you probably didn’t know about NLM:
- More than 1,000 people work at NLM
- NLM was one of the first institutions to use HDTV for biomedical imaging (started in 1994)
- NLM has developed two missing persons Web and mobile application
For more fun tid bits that you can share with your friends on Friday and store in your mind to whip out during trivia night go to NLM Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and NLM Factoids: Did you know that NLM…?.
Share on Facebook