Friday Fun: Most Interesting Medical Facts of 2011
The MARquee posted a link the most intriguing medical facts of 2011 as collected from the pages of the American Medical News and I thought I would pass it along as it is perfect for a little Friday Fun.
The list is pretty long, here are just some that I found to be the most interesting. Go to the website for the complete list, the links within the list go to the full story.
- Nearly half of health organizations do nothing to protect data on mobile devices.
- 63% of doctors say they have changed an initial diagnosis based on new information found online.
- A third of U.S. physicians have received Facebook friend requests from patients; 75% of them declined.
- More adults visit doctors each year for adverse drug events than for pneumonia or strep throat.
- Health insurance claims filed electronically have a lower denial rate than paper claims.
- More than half of U.S. physicians now use an EMR system.