Medlibs Twitter Chat: Everything eBooks
This week I will be moderating the medlibs Twitter discussion that will happen Thursday 8/30 at 9pm Eastern for 1 hour. (I hope I do as well as Nikki!)
Last week, we discussed and shared a link to the book, Rethinking the Reference Collection: Exploring Benchmarks and E-Book Availability. This week will look at ebooks a little more in depth and their use in general, not just the reference collection.
Some ideas for discussion can be:
- Findability -What are the best ways for patrons to find stuff? The catalog, A-Z lists, other?
- Usability – How easy are they for patrons to use?
- Usage – Are they getting used? What is appropriate usage stats?
- Portability and Devices – Where are people using them and on what devices?
- Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA) – Who is doing this and what are your results?
- Anything else that might be interesting
Anybody can join a medlibs chat, you don’t have to be a librarian, you just have to have an interest in the topic. For more information on how to join a Twitter chat using hashtags check out this guide created by the usual moderator Nikki Dettmar.
I look forward to see you online this Thursday. Even if you plan to lurk, please at least tweet us your name and where you are from (on Thursday at 9pm est.) so we can officially welcome you and answer any questions you might have.Share on Facebook