Publications and Presentations
Krafty’s research interests are primarily on the use of social media and technology in health science libraries and librarianship and the usage of social media and technology in biomedical professions and research.
Below is a listing of her publications and presentations on these subjects as well as a few others:
- Simonson, M., Kraft, M., Englander, M., Hallerberg, G., Collection Development. In: Bandy, M. M., Dudden, R.F., eds. The Medical Library Association Guide to Managing Health Care Libraries. In Development.
- Kraft, Michelle. If You Build It They Will Come: experiences with electronic journal usage in a community hospital library. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. June 2009;9(2):164-176.
- Kraft, Michelle. The Holy Grail of One User ID. Library Journal. Fall 2007;132 10-11.
- Kraft, Michelle. Integrating and Promoting Medical Podcasts into the Library Collection. Medical Reference Services Quarterly. 2007;26(1):27-35.
- Kraft, Michelle. Mashing Up the Internet. Medical Reference Services Quarterly. Spring 2007;26 supplement 1:191-207.
- Kraft, M. The Use of Blogs in Medical Librarianship. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 2006;6(1):1-13.
Book and Software Reviews
- Kraft, Michelle. Review of Library Mashups: Exploring New Ways to Deliver Library Data, edited by Engard, Nicole C. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries’ Jan-Mar. 2010:7(1):99-101.
- Kraft, Michelle. Review of The Portable MLS: insights from the experts, by Ken Haycock, Brooke E. Sheldon. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. July 2009;9(3)342-343.
- Kraft, Michelle A. Review of Athens Eduserv. Athens Access Management. Journal of the Medical Library Association. Apr. 2008;96(2):176-177.
- Kraft, Michelle. Review of Weblogs and Libraries, by Laurel A. Clyde. Medical Reference Services Quarterly. 2006;25(4):93-94.
Presentations (some of these presentations can be viewed on SlideShare.net)
- Kraft, M. Social Media Usage in Research. Medical Informatics Grand Rounds. Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland, OH. April 16, 2010.
- Kraft, M. Purchasing in a Digital Age. Allen Press Emerging Trends in Scholarly Publishing Seminar. Washington D.C. April 8, 2010.
- Kraft, M. Social Media in Research. World Health Interest Group Meeting. Case Western Reserve University. Cleveland, OH. October 16, 2009. (SlideShare)
- Kraft, M. Libraries Leveraging Facebook and Twitter. GMR Technology Forum. Midwest MLA Conference. Columbus, OH. October 5, 2009. (SlideShare)
- Kraft, M. The Evolving Library. MLGSCA and the NN/LM-PSR Technology in Libraries Symposium. Cerritos, CA. March 6, 2009. (SlideShare)
- Kraft, M. The Business of Medical Libraries. Kent State SLA Student Chapter Symposium. Cleveland, OH. February 28, 2009. (SlideShare)
- Cho, A., Kraft, M. MashUps Working in a Library Near You Right Now. Medical Pre-Conference of the Professional/Scholarly Publishing 2009 Annual Conference. Washington D.C. February 4, 2009.
- Kraft, M. What is in Your Pocket? Mobile Medical Applications. NE ASIS&T Mobile Devices Program. Simmons College. Boston, MA. November 5, 2008. (SlideShare)
- Knapp, M., Kraft, M., Rothman, D., Not-So Dangerous Liaisons: Best Practices for Library Liaison Work (CE801). MLA Annual Meeting 2008. Chicago, IL May 16-21 2008.
- Kraft, M., Prince, J.D., Ragon, B., Rothman, D., Web 2.0 Principles and Best Practices: Discovering the Participatory Web. MLA Webcast March 5, 2008.
- Anderson, M., Kraft, M., Ragon, B. Technology Symposium. MAC/MLA Annual Meeting 2007. Baltimore, MD. October 9-12, 2007.
- Needham, G., Kraft, M., Rios, G. Defining our Future. SC/MLA Annual Meeting 2007. Charleston, NC. November 12-16 2007.
- Kraft, M., Watson, K. Medical and Consumer Health Resources. Ohio Library Council 2007 Chapter Conference. May 3, 2007.
- Boeninger, C, Kraft, M, Ragon, B, Rios G, Topps, D. Moving at the Speed of Byte: Emerging Technologies for Information Management. MLA Webcast, November 8, 2006
- Kakuk, Debra, Kraft, Michelle, Watson, Kelly. Reference Tools for the Information Age: Consumer Medical Resources. Soaring to Excellence Teleconference, March 11, 2005