EBSCO has announce some new features to the CINAHL database. These features are:
- Searchers can limit articles those “Written by a Nurse.” They can limit to articles where the first author is a nurse, or they can limit articles where any author is a nurse. This limit is only good for articles 2009-forward and a nurse is considered any author with RN, BSN, MSN, and in the case of international publications the appropriate international license/credentials/degree.
- A pre-CINAHL limit has been created allowing users to search for articles pre-CINHAL.
- Limiting articles to humans will retreive all articles where studies were done on humans. Of course it will also retrieve articles where studies were done on both humans and animals. this limit does not work for pre-CINAHL.
- The DOI (Digital Object Identifier) has been added to all records 2009-forward.
- The PMC ID (PubMed Central ID) has been added to records 2009-forward.
For more information or any questions on CINAHL go to http://support.epnet.com/cinahl